This position has been filled. Thanks to all who applied. You are an amazingly talented bunch. I wish I could take you all on!
Are you looking to kickstart your career in social media? Are you keen to learn loads and put it into practice? Can you write well?
This is a paid opportunity for someone looking for hands-on experience in a busy Dublin Social Media Company.
Brightspark is constantly innovating; we are always at the edge of what’s happening in social media for our clients. Our idea of fun is to pitch smart and sassy new ideas to a client, win their hearts over, and then deliver. We work for all sorts of clients, large and small; B2B and B2C.
This is the perfect chance for you to get your foot in the door as a social media intern. We are looking for someone to join our team this summer, and if you work out, it could turn into a paid permanent position. We tend to promote from within; and that’s just what a good internship should be about – a chance for both of us to find out what the other is like. Plus we pay our interns.
Essential: you must be able to write or edit text, poor spellers or bad grammar are not welcome around here! Great copy is a part of our DNA. So fluency in English is a must. You are comfortable on Social Media and understand the basics of Facebook and Twitter. And you are a self-starter – truly – not just as a description on your CV!
The Brightspark Internship
- You are guaranteed to acquire tangible skills from your very first week. We are always testing out new tools, and ways of doing things for our clients that make them look better, make us be more productive and that will ensure you learn.
- You will also be mentored on the different writing styles for blogs, reports, tweets, posts, and pulse. You will contribute as part of the team to create great content for clients on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
- Working with images is a must for all digital marketers. This could be sourcing, resizing, overlaying… don’t worry you’re not expected to be a designer, Canva is the tool here, and we’ll show you how!
- Brightspark is a regular speaker on the subject of social media. If you’re able to help with preparing slidedecks, that will be a bonus!
- Measuring and testing are key requirements of marketing, and you’ll be in charge of specific reports and analysis each week. You will develop your analytical skills, for example, reviewing performance of past campaigns to identify what causes great results.
- It’s important that we all keep up to date on new developments in Social Media, so an interest in reading blogs, listening to podcasts and other sources of learning is good. Being able to summarise what you’ve read and share it with the team is better.
You will be working in a busy social media environment, learning from one of the most experienced practitioners in the country. Our clients are sound, and we do good work for them.
It’s a small tight team, so if you’re looking for an agency-type environment with lots of people to have lunch with, this is not it!
On the other hand, if you are out to gain real skills and experience and truly know what it means to have ‘work as fun’ then this is it!
How To Apply
Please don’t send a CV and a Dear Sir cover letter. Instead send us an email ([email protected]) telling us in 140 characters or less why you’re the best person to be our social media intern this summer, and we’ll take it from there.
Looking forward to hearing from you, and let’s talk soon!
Image credit: Nicola Sapiens De Mitri
I learned a lot. Maryrose is fantastic. She gave me the tools to do the job and she showed me how to style my writing for the various media. For example, I was a confident writer, but the same style is not appropriate for Twitter as for a Facebook post or blog post. These are skills I did not have before and Maryrose taught me, let me do it for myself and then gave really helpful feedback so that I improved over time and gained in confidence. In summary I learned new writing skills, learned how to use the marketing software tools, practised and gained great confidence from my time there.
-One of our previous interns