Now that I’ve got a Twitter Account Manager again, I would like to share some of the learnings in case they are of use to you. What’s good to know is that when you spend more than €2000 per month with Twitter, you get a Senior Account Manager. Take That Facebook with your botchy ad platform and no support for us little guys!
Here’s how to optimise your Twitter follower ads and website click ads.
(This is my take on it, not specific advice from Twitter) – set up your ads with automatic bidding. After 24 hours, go in and have a look and see what kind of click prices you’re getting. Then edit your campaign, adjust the bid price to a target bid price set by you. I’ve just changed mine to 10 cent below the average. Keep checking to find the sweet spot. You don’t want your target bid price to be so low that you don’t get seen.
- Always a good idea to run them to build your core audience. When you run follower ads on Twitter, your ad appears on feeds AND is included in “Who To Follow” – a little bonus from Twitter.
- Avoid using hashtags in your tweet as that distracts from the message of ‘follow us’.
- Be commanding, ie. say “follow us to….”
- Try running a couple with and without images, see what works best for you.
Website Click Ads
- 0.2% – 0.3% click through rate on these ads is considered good. Here’s what we’ve got right now on one of our accounts:
How To Adjust Your Target Bidding
In 3 easy steps. It’s a little hidden on the Twitter ad platform, so this should help:
Here at Brightspark, we adore Twitter ads. If you would like to have a conversation about how to target a very specific audience at good value prices on Twitter, talk to us.
Have you heard about our online course?
Access quality videos, step-by-step downloads, and access to me to answer your every question. Never stare at your screen wondering why? again. Now is the time to get your social media running with a proven process that gets results. Sign up today.