Maximising Your Apple’s Speed
Handy hints from Apple’s paid for support that I’d like to share with you.
Every couple of months, I like to do this to ensure my Apple Macbook Pro runs as fast and as smoothly as is possible. It’s my main business tool; so this is the digital equivalent of oiling the gears!
How To Make Your Apple Go Like Speedy Gonzales
- Click on the Finder icon on your Dock
- On the Top menu bar, locate the Apple Logo and then to the right of it Finder, File, Edit, View, and Go.
- Go -> Home -> Library -> Caches -> then press cmd + A to select all the enclosed items and then cmd + Backspace ( <—- ) to delete them
- Then Go -> Computer -> Macintosh HD -> Library -> Caches -> then press cmd + A to select all the enclosed items and then cmd + Backspace ( <—- ) to delete them
- Then empty trash.
- Last items to remove: Apple Logo -> System Preferences -> Accounts or Users and Groups -> Highlight your user -> and then on the right pane select the Login Items tab. Then highlight every item there and click on the “-” icon to delete all the entries.
- All you have to do now is restart – and enjoy!