Call Me Maybe
I’m rather proud of my phone set up, and I think it’s worth sharing here.
I’ve carried the same landline number around with me for some time now. It started out as a landline in Dublin 11 from Digiweb, since then it has travelled to Dublin 3 with Magnet, and now it’s gone virtual and it follows me!
If you are the kind of person who finds themselves desk bound sometimes, and out and about over the course of your business day, then you might find this of interest:
- I got my landline converted to a virtual number and I set up an account with Goldfish in Bray. They are great. Excellent service and really good customer service, ie. nice people manning the phones, no 1, 2, 3, to get through to a person, and they know their stuff.
- I pay Goldfish €2,50 a month for this service:
- If someone rings my landline and I’m working on the computer, the phone will ring through the computer (through a free app for mac called X Lite).
- If I’m not at my computer, the call will divert to my mobile and I can pick it up.
- I pay local call rates from the moment the call starts if it’s a ‘to mobile’ call.